To the Roger Williams Campus Community:
We invite you to become a member of Epsilon Rho, the Roger Williams University chapter of Phi Beta Delta, the Honor Society for International Scholars. Phi Beta Delta is a unique academic and professional society because it is resolutely interdisciplinary and international and it includes students, faculty and staff as its members.
The deadline to apply is March 1st. Simply go to the Membership Tab and choose the appropriate application.
The presence of a campus chapter of PBD is a tangible demonstration of our institutional commitment to support international education. It provides a forum for members of our campus community who are involved in international education to convene, discuss issues, promote, and support excellence in international programming. We urge you to become a member of Epsilon Rho and participate in making it a vibrant chapter that symbolizes our commitment to international education.
The goals of Epsilon Rho are:
- to recognize the scholarly achievement of international students and scholars, who have studied abroad and faculty and staff who are involved in international activities;
- to serve as a vehicle for the development of academic-based international programming;
- to provide a network on each campus of faculty, staff and students involved in international endeavors; and
- to extend this network to thousands of members in chapters throughout the world.
The Greek letters in Phi Beta Delta stand for the following:
- Phi (philomatheia) – love of knowledge;
- Beta (biotremmonia) – valuing of human life; and
- Delta (diapheren) – achieving excellence.